Whistles, Scrapings, and Mullets
Last Saturday morning I woke up to thunder.
There are few things as motivating to me than thunder. It's a thousand times better than any alarm clock will ever be.
I pulled back the curtain (I love that I have a window next to my bed!!) and happily stared outside at the rain coming down in the street...on the grass...and gazed contentedly at the gray sky overhead.
Then I jumped out of bed, grabbed my scriptures, journal, laptop, and a sweashirt, and headed onto the back porch for my slice of heaven on earth.
A bird wolf-whistled while I was out there. I laughed.
I went to the temple and worked in the cafeteria that afternoon, and on my way out saw a guy with a full-out mullet. Laughed again.
And when I got home, I looked underneath my car to see if I could see the culprit for the really strange scraping sounds I was hearing sometimes when I'd drive. Sure enough, there was a big ol' styrofoam cup super-wedged near the tire. And I mean SUPER-wedged. It took me a good 2-3 minutes to pull it out, and it had to be pulled out in pieces. Made me laugh again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment